Friday, May 07, 2010

Varsovie mon amour

English: that's what I hear on the terrace of Coffee Heaven corner Marszalkowska and Aleje Jerozolimskie in Warsaw.

Warsaw, my love. I had left her last June (2009) without really saying goodbye. Oh, how vibrant she is at the moment! I had missed the sound of the trams echoing in her streets, her pretty faces, her language. Her languages, for she is a very cosmopolitan city now.




There are no signs of mourning in the center - mourning after the Smolensk plane crash in which 97 prominent Poles, including President Kaczynski and his wife, had died in mid-April.

In the morning, it's the usual hustle and bustle that fills our senses with her energy.

I'm here for less than 48 hours, flying off to Brussels to participate in the first training at East4South with the Deutsche-Welle. 

Varsovie mon amour, you are seducing me again...

No comments: